set the resolution to 1440x900 new macbook pro

Reaction score
Dear All,
I just got my macbook pro 15 with the antiglare screen.the native resolution of the screen is 1680x1050 but since the characters are very small I would like to use it in 1440x900.however I cannot set this resolution coz the next resolution down is 1440x852 which doesnt fill out the whole screen or 1440x852 stretched So is there a way that I can set the 1440x900 resolution?
thank you
Gaspy

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
If 1440 x 900 isn't listed, then you can't do it. I'm going to suggest that this was probably something that could have been considered before purchasing the laptop (text too small)

There are various ways to increase the text size, while having your display set at 1680 x 1050.

- Nick

OP
G
Reaction score
Well its slightly radicolous that I cannot set the resolution I want on a £1500 laptop..and what are those methods please?:)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well its slightly radicolous that I cannot set the resolution I want on a £1500 laptop..and what are those methods please?:)

Just so it's clear...when are you having issues with the text being too small...while navigating around the desktop...or when in specific programs?

- Nick

OP
G
Reaction score
mainly in specific programs for example in logic pro..the font size in the desktop doesnt really bother me..i know how to increase the font size in safari but i need to do it every time when I run it though...

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mainly in specific programs for example in logic pro..the font size in the desktop doesnt really bother me..i know how to increase the font size in safari but i need to do it every time when I run it though...

A couple of the ideas I was going to suggest you covered:

- increasing text size on the desktop
- increasing size of text in Safari

I'm assuming that you've already searched for an increasing text size option for Logic Pro similar to Safari.

One way to "zoom in" when within any program is to press the "ctrl" key & use the "two-fingered" upward (increase zoom) or downward "swipe" (decrease zoom) on the trackpad. This may not be a perfect solution, but it does increase the size of everything when needed.

Otherwise...you may have to choose a different screen resolution that may or may not be the resolution you prefer...plus when you deviate from the display's "native" resolution...text & other items will be less clear.

Hope this helps,

- Nick

OP
G
Reaction score
yes thank you very much for your help:) I think i will use in 1680x1050 though coz it looks much better..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.