I Have A Huge Problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I HAVE A HUGE PROBLEM!

A key on my powerbook keyboard came off. I know its not that big of a problem, but I tried for over an hour to get it back on. This is not working I think i permently broke it off. How can I get this fixed? Do they fix just the key, or replace the whole keyboard?
Do I have to worry about data loss if they have to replace the keyboard becaue of a mistake or is this impossible?

Thank you in advanced for your help.. Will call apple and get this fixed right after I hear what you guys have to say.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
If it is still under warranty, send it to Apple.

OP
PowerBookG4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok latest update... after a real long time, I eventually figured out a way to put it back together, I have been unsuccessfull but I will let you know If how i think it works really does.

OP
PowerBookG4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
so latest with my keyboard, is I ahve the key back on, its is crooked and kinda floating there and not completly functional but i think i am going to leave it for now unless it gets worse, becaue you can't tell that it is that way unless you know it happene,d

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
If you are still under warranty, ide call Apple anyways, to atleast report it. Then when you dont need your mac for a few days you can call them back and have it fixed correctly. Just make sure youre still under warranty when you call back to get it fixed, if not, that phone call will cost $50.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.