Installing Windows using bootcamp

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacsOSX13.6.4;10.13.6;iPhone SE2 17.3.1;SE1 15.8;iPadMini15.8;iPadAir 2 15.8
I have XP Pro installation CD but it may be OEM so can't be installed with bootcamp.

Is it still possible to obtain XP Pro with all fixes (SP1-3)?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
You may be able to find some on Ebay - or some discount places may still have some copies but I highly doubt it. You need at least SP2 to install on bootcamp but you can slipstream a disk to get that to work.

I understand wanting XP - but try Windows 7 - I have been really impressed with the operating system. It runs very well both in bootcamp and in Parallels pointing to the bootcamp partition.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac | iPhone 4
You need at least SP2 to install on bootcamp but you can slipstream a disk to get that to work.

I understand wanting XP - but try Windows 7 - I have been really impressed with the operating system. It runs very well both in bootcamp and in Parallels pointing to the bootcamp partition.

Yes you defiantly need sp2 for xp (I tried sp1), but I agree I was an xp person, but i tried windows 7 using bootcamp and parallels and so far it has been smooth and I have no problems yet.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.