Final cut Studio 3 requirements

Reaction score
Although apple has an official requirements list for fcs 3 I have heard many different opinions on the necessary system requirements. Some people say most macbook pros can handle but some cannot ( i know someone who said that it worked at **** speeded in a completely upgraded 17 inch macbook pro).

So im here to ask what do I need in a macbook pro for fcs (whole suite final cut, motion, colors etc)

I am on a budget so i cannot buy the 17 inch and it has to be a macbook pro (no desktops).

I hear 4 gb ram and i5 will be fine but many tell me that a discreet graphics card is needed so i need to know if a 256mb gt 330m will cut it or not.

Im a student and my files will be mostly shot from a canon vixia hv40.

So tell me forum members what macbook pro (2010 model) would be needed to run fcs completely?

thank you

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You should be OK with the 15" MBP and the 256MB nVidia GT 330 M. You really have your choice of three 15" models depending on how much you wish to spend. However, the low end 15" model should meet your needs unless there is some reason you would like a faster CPU and larger hard drive, or, better GPU with more memory.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
My late 2008 15" MBP with 4GB DDR3 RAM and the 256MB 9600M GT graphics card runs Final Cut Studio 3 perfectly, so if you're running with an i5 processor you'll be fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.