Clean up > Optimize > Upgrade to Snow Leopard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0GHz - Intel Core 2 Duo - 1GB RAM - 10.6 SL & Powermac G4 - 1.8GHz Sonnet Dual Processor
Hey folks,
Once again sorry for the barage of stupid questions!

I'm currently doing a complete file back up onto an external courtesy of SuperDuper!

Is there any programs, that I can use to clean up odds and ends that aren't required by anything, and just optimize the system prior to upgrading.

I bought the Snow Leopard pack for £25 in PC world by me, but am slightly worried as I can't see a license key or anything? Do I need a license key for upgrades?

When I install this new operating system, what programs from Tiger that were previously installed will still be there/work?

As you can tell I have little experience on macs :(

Cheers,
Alex.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Once you have SL installed you will have all the basics Apps that it needs, so then you can connect the Ext HD and use Migration Assistant in SL to import your User data - Just don't import any Apps but download fresh SL friendly 3rd party Apps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.