Software taking a long time to open

Reaction score
Hi there,

This is my first post as I am fairly new to Mac ownership.

I used to work on a Mac for a couple of years as a designer but due to a change of careers have not touched one for 3 years now.

After getting frustrated with so many problems with my PC, I decided to splash some cash and get a top spec iMac.

I have the 27" i7 Quad Core and after just a few months of ownership I am won over, I love it.

I have had no problems with it until today.

I have Word & Excel 2004 installed and they are now taking an age to open. I can't think of any reason why this may have started and don't know of any solution apart from uninstalling them and then installing again.

Can anybody help me out as to a possible cause / solution?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Are you loading any macros automatically when opening either Word or Excel?

Check the "normal" templates for both apps. If necessary, move them from their current location to your desktop and then restart Word, Excel. New templates will be recreated but without any enhancements, changes, macros, that you might have added. See if that speeds things up somewhat.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.