Disk verify / repair messages - uncertain of what they mean

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Snow Leopard - Intel Core 2 Duo
I really don't understand what these messages mean, if someone can help me understand them, or fix them, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

ACL found but not expected on "private/etc/apache2/users".
Permissions differ on "usr/share/derby", should be drwxr-xr-x , they are lrwxr-xr-x .
ACL found but not expected on "Library/Preferences/Audio".
ACL found but not expected on "Library/Preferences/com.apple.alf.plist".
Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent" has been modified and will not be repaired.
ACL found but not expected on "System/Library/Keychains/X509Anchors".
ACL found but not expected on "private/etc/hosts".
ACL found but not expected on "private/var/db/launchd.db/com.apple.launchd".
ACL found but not expected on "private/var/yp/binding".

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
HI,

I do hope I posted this in the right place.

This I believe, think it started when I had a dvd stuck in the drive of my MBP (today), but it could go back to the recent hard drive mess that I thought went ok, but was a mess. (Last week.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Hi,
The permissions on "usr/share/derby" are always wrong when I repair permissions.
As for the ACL errors, download ACLr8 and double click the unix file to run it. They should be gone then.

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank You, I will try that.

:)

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That did the trick for the ACL messages,

Thanks ! :)

All I'm getting now is this:

Permissions differ on "usr/share/derby", should be drwxr-xr-x , they are lrwxr-xr-x .

Any idea why this always shows on your MBP?

Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
I have no idea why they are always wrong, maybe it's because something is constantly changing those files.
I found a Apple Support article about some of the errors you can safely ignore.
Mac OS X: Disk Utility's Repair Disk Permissions messages that you can safely ignore

Here's my Disk Utility output, it has quit a few but my system works perfectly anyway.

Verify permissions for “****** MBP”
Permissions differ on "Library/Application Support/Apple/ParentalControls", should be drwxrwxr-x , they are drwxr-xr-x .
Permissions differ on "Library/Application Support/Apple/ParentalControls/ALRHelperJobs", should be drwxrwxr-x , they are drwxr-xr-x .
Permissions verification complete

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for that link, it says that the message is perfectly normal.

I think it is strange that it is normal.

I say that because last week when I was trying to moving around my partition space on the hard drive, it kept focusing on that message and wouldn't let me move the partition space around. No matter what I tried it gave me that same error. I had to do a fresh install and restore my data from a backup. Then it messed up my adobe photoshop and a few other programs.

lol I am only saying what happened.

I really appreciate your looking for and posting that link, it was kind of you to do that. Thankies !!! :)

How bizarre for the rest of your messages !!

I wonder if there are Apple Gremlins lol :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.