• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

HELP! Best FLV EDITOR for Mac Snow Leopard????

Reaction score
I need to edit FLVs and am having a terrible time finding an FLV editor that works for Mac. Tried freebie RichFLV beta and a couple of others and no luck, they just crash out. I'm happy to pay for an FLV editor that actually WORKS.

Getting desperate and wasting tons of time trying to figure this out from scratch.

Anyone have (experienced) suggestions?

Thanking you all in advance!

~Ronelle

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Your best bet is to convert it to a more friendly format, edit those and if need be, convert it back to an FLV. I only suggest this because I've never seen an FLV editor.

OP
R
Reaction score
Thank you vansmith! I am now beginning to understand my own misconceptions. On another list someone let me know that Adobe makes a wonderful FLV editor, but it's $700. With your advice to convert, edit, then output again things are making sense!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.