Connecting to a Mac on a Different Network

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
Good morning,

My mom just bought a MBP and I need to install MS Office on it. We live 1200 miles apart. I have been researching free programs that will allow remote installations but have had no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Reaction score
She needs to buy her own copy to be honest. What you are doing will violate the EULA thus we really can't help you here as it will violate the forum rules. Sorry...

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
I *did* buy a copy for her. I also need to install Adobe Reader, Firefox, help her set up her email, and help her with iPhoto.

Reaction score
Mail it to her then call her and walk her thru it. It isn't that hard to do and that is how she is going to learn how to do it. Either way she is going to have to install something on her Mac to allow you do do this or at least setup desktop sharing and then go into her router and setup port forwarding. If she can't install an app, I don't know how she is going to handle all of that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.