• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Help with Imovies exporting Please

Reaction score
Hi

I need help please with a problem that has occurred on my MAC - Here goes....

All was working fine until I had a power cut. Rebooted the MAC all worked ok well that's what I thought!

I had a music lesson recorded on my camcorder and wanted to open it in imovies, create a project then export it to itunes so that I could sync it with my iphone. This all used to work ok before. The camcorder downloaded to the Mac HD and it can be seen in Imovies no problem. I can even make a project but when I hit the share button a thing comes up on the screen to say the project can not be published and error -50.

Can anyone one help as this is seriously doing my head in!!

Thanks in advance GUYS

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Sounds like it could be a permissions error

Boot up from your restore DVD, at the install screen select disk utility from the top menu and use that program to check the disk and run a permissions repair

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Start up the Console.app in the Utilities folder and then try the iMovie Share option. Look for hint in the log of the of the Console.

louishen has a good suggestion.

Also, I found something called Simple Error the might shed some light on the matter also. It is a bit old and I didn't download it as I don't need more junk on my system.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks Guys for your help..........But....

Did what you said run disk repair in utilities and now I can work Imovies fully including creating a project and exporting to itunes.

I am running an Imac about 1yr old on mac osx 10.5

Now one last problem - since the power cut I never connected my iphone to itunes and last night I wanted to sync my iphone with itunes as I had managed to export the video clip from imovies. When I connect the iphone to the mac it makes a ding dong but does not appear in itunes. I went into iphotos and it connects and the iphone pictures can be seen.

So what do I have to do to get the iphone recognised in itunes? I have done all the updates on the mac.

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.