How can I get my downloads to go to desktop?

Reaction score
Every download I do on my Mac has always gone to my desktop. I could see it,
and I could put it wherever I wanted.
Since my last system update (to 10.5.8), this has just stopped. Now sometimes they go to a folder titled "download", or they just go into a place I didn't determine. I have to look in finder to locate them.
It's totally screwing me up, and resulting in duplicates all over the place, using up my memory. Especially with music files.
Can anyone tell me how to make all of my downloads go to desktop again like they did before?

Please let me know.....

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Which browser are you using? You really need to provide us with some info about your machine and also whatever other information that can help us help you - otherwise we're stabbing around in the dark.

Assuming you're using Safari: Safari Preferences -> General. Save downloaded files to: Click the down arrow, select other, select your desktop.

Regards.

OP
I
Reaction score
OMG I can't believe it was that simple........ It didn't dawn on me that it was in browser preferences. I thought it would be in system prefs....

Thank you so much for the quick assistance!!!!!!!:D:D:D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.