New Member + General Question :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro Model # A1151
Hello everybody! My name is Matty, I've been using a mac for a while but I never got very far into the system. My first system was an iBook G3 ( Still works flawlessly to date!

The reason I joined your forum is to meet fellow Mac Users who have enjoyed the experience, to ask a few questions and to maybe play few games online with some of you! :)

I own the following:

Macintosh 1MB ( classic Mac)
Powermac G4 Tower
iBook G3
iMac ( TWO DIFFERENT FLAVOURS :D )
iMac Snow

Macbook Pro 17" A1151

Thanks for reading my post,
And my question to the forum is,

Am i allowed to part out my macbook on this website?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
OP
Atari2600
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sounds to me this is the real reason you joined!;)

- Nick

Nope,

Honestly no its not though :)
I have yet to find a good forum for mac other then this
i've used some forums for previous issues i've had too So i knew it existed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Welcome. That's quite a collection you have there!
There is a buy/sell/trade section of these forums but you have to be a member for a certain amount of time and have a certain post count. I don't know the specifics of either of those criteria. :)

OP
Atari2600
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Welcome. That's quite a collection you have there!
There is a buy/sell/trade section of these forums but you have to be a member for a certain amount of time and have a certain post count. I don't know the specifics of either of those criteria. :)

Thanks for the welcome!

Yes i love the old computers more then anything but I have only found 1 classic Macintosh locally.

Im fine with waiting haha i completely understand, in my previous experiences other forums were spammed with stuff I should not even ever say!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes i love the old computers more then anything but I have only found 1 classic Macintosh locally.

FYI...your terminology..."classic Macintosh"...may not actually be very accurate or specific.

The word "classic" can mean different things to different people. Could mean a 5 year-old Mac, 10 year-old Mac, or 20 year-old Mac. Also...there actually are some Macintosh models from about 1990-1994 that were named "Macintosh Classic".

So to be more clear...(so folks understand what you mean by "classic")...you should actually give the model name of the "classic" Mac or Mac's you have. They may actually be a:

- Macintosh Classic
- Macintosh Classic II
- Macintosh Color Classic
- Macintosh Color Classic II

...it's just unclear. Just trying to help,:)

- Nick

p.s. The "Macintosh 1MB" you listed in the first post could be a Macintosh Classic, Mac Plus, or a Mac SE...or something else.

OP
Atari2600
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My apologies for being unclear I should have specified which kind, ( he was asking $100 so I can't even buy it) :(

my "macintosh classic" I own is 1MB Plus

Would it be to late to have an answer for a second question?
In previous versions of mac OSX i was able to run OS 9 applications and games in a "classic enviroment" Does this also happen in the new snow leopard?
I know i sound like a babbling idiot in comparison to you guys

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
my "macintosh classic" I own is 1MB Plus

Would it be to late to have an answer for a second question?
In previous versions of mac OSX i was able to run OS 9 applications and games in a "classic enviroment" Does this also happen in the new snow leopard?
I know i sound like a babbling idiot in comparison to you guys

Thanks for the more specific info on your "classic" Macintosh...which is a "Macintosh Plus".

It's never too late to ask a question...we have members here from the East coast to the West coast of the United States & Canada, folks in the U.K, folks from Australia...and all sorts of spots in between!:)

As far as your question. You cannot run "classic" OS 9 applications in Snow Leopard (OS 10.6).

We now have three sorts of applications floating around the Macintosh "world":

- "classic" applications from OS 9 & earlier
- PPC Mac applications
- Intel only Mac applications

* OS 10.5 was the last OS to support "classic" or Mac OS 9 applications.

* When the Intel Mac's were launched back in 2006...a program called "Rosetta" was needed to run "PPC" applications on an Intel Mac.

* Now with OS 10.6 you still have "Rosetta" to run "PPC" applications on an Intel Macintosh...but no more "classic" in OS 10.6.

Hope this helps,

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.