Apple Care screwed me over

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad
Sent them in a PERFECT iphone 3GS for the warranty exhange because I was having wierd pop up message (as discussed in another thread). It was definitely something wrong with their software on the phone because I know some other people currently experiencing the same thing. They charged my card $200 because they said it was wet. The phone was NEVER WET, ever, ever, it's never been out of my site, always in a safe case, and I treat it like a child. If it was wet, I told that guy on the phone then you guys got it wet, not me. Sir, we don't do that. Yeah, they screwed me and I bet they screw quite a few people. There is nothing I can do about it, nothing. If I could use curse words on this forum, you could hear what the conversation actually sounded like. Screw apple care.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2016 Macbook Pro 512g.15" 16g.ram Ipad2Air 64gb wifi+4g Iphone 6s 64gig
I would dispute the charge on your credit card.

Reaction score
I've read that there are, in fact, 2 "wet detectors" and Apple is supposed to check both -- the one in the headphone jack is not sufficient to determine if water got inside the logic board area. Apple has taken a lot of flak for not providing coverage for phones based on their assessment that they got wet, so I would dispute the credit card charge and call Apple, or better yet go to an Apple Store, and politely but firmly dispute the issue.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.