Need solution to block pop under ads

Reaction score
increase, sorry! Hello, I have streaming a lot of videos for several years...in the past 6 months I have been barraged by popunder ads, which may be the single most annoying 'innovation' of the century so far...are there any solutions for this? adblocker plus apparently does not handle popunders...I mean I was watching a video this am and two different popunders starting playing seperate videos, an utter mess! thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Note: Moved to appropriate forum and changed title to reflect subject.

OP
L
Reaction score
sorry for delay..its the latest Firefox..tried glimmer stp but not much luck..slightly less but still happening

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Cookies! Clear them out and start again, unchecking Accept cookies from sites in FFox Prefs > Privacy.

Then - be ultra selective about changing that as required to allow some cookies to be set (some are absolutely necessary for some secure sites such as your online bank, online purchasing, online forums like M-F, etc).

A network security advisor whose knowledge I respect told me that about 70% of cookies are unnecessary, and are simply portals for things like banners, ads - and what you're experiencing! Video sites are notorious for imposing their crud on viewing pleasure.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Go into Firefox Preferences > Content and make sure Block Pop Up Windows is selected.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.