Software Update problems - help!

Reaction score
I'm trying to update the software on my mac. A bit of history (that may or may not be helpful)

I purchased the Mac in the US in October 2009
I currently live overseas (Middle East)
Internet is consistent but not as reliable or fast as the US
I have 842MB of free memory
I have 118GB of free space on my hard drive

When I run the software update it gives me a list of time and I allow it to download all (it was about 634mb worth of updates including the new Mac OS update at 400+mb <--the biggest by far). When I finished running the updates it gave me this error message:

"The update could not be verified. It may have been corrupted during downloading. The update will be downloaded and checked again the next time that Software Update runs."

I restarted the computer thinking some of it would update, but it did not. So I ran the software update again and decided I do each update individually to see if I could find the source of the update problem. Each time the file would download fully and then give me the same error as above.

Any ideas. What am I doing wrong? I have a warranty, so I can call customer support, but our time difference would have me calling late at night, so I thought I'd try here first.

Thank you for your knowledge ahead of time!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
If these are all Apple updates, you could try them through Apple's website instead of Software Update. That has worked for others on occasion. Just do one, a small one perhaps, and see if that makes a difference.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.