Dead Pixels?

J

jmoh2049

just a quick question, do apple powerbooks sometime have dead-pixels? If so can i get it exchagnged for a new one?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
You need a minimum of 6 (maybe 7 I forget which one) before apple will do anything

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
yes they can get dead pixels, but somtimes if you massage the back of the display they can be revived, they are kinda just "sleeping pixels" or you can just wait it out for more to die on you and you can get it replaced.

Reaction score
PowerBookG4 said:
yes they can get dead pixels, but somtimes if you massage the back of the display they can be revived, they are kinda just "sleeping pixels" or you can just wait it out for more to die on you and you can get it replaced.

I have heard of this before, and honestly I would really like to see a video of this in action. I'm not saying I don't believe you...just that I've tried this before on many, many LCD's with bad pixels and I've never has success.

Perhaps it's the way I'm holding my tongue???? :dive:

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Maybe the pixels were not dead, but stuck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.