Problems with Windows Installer

Reaction score
Hi to everyone!
I have an IMAC with Snow Leopard. I installed Parallels Desktop 5 and Windows 7, and Parallels Tools too. Everything is ok, I updated with windows update, ok.
But yesterday I tried to install my Office XP, and I got a message: impossible to find Windows Installer ... and other words.

I searched over internet for the solution, but nothing.

I also realize that when I run msiexec /regserver, I receive the message that file can't be found.

Maybe I forgot to install something?

Had anyone the same problems ?

Thanks for helping.

Roberto

OP
R
Reaction score
sorry,

another question: how do I start windows in safe mode?

I try to use the F8 button, but nothing happens.

Thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
That's strange the Windows installer is missing. Sounds like it might be a typical "cryptic" Microsoft error message. But anyway, go to this LINK and download the installer and run it. See what happens. It may come back with an error telling you that you already have the installer.

As to your second question.... Yes, F8 should start you in Safe mode. If that doesn't work, open the configuration editor and select start in safe mode and then reboot.

Regards.

OP
R
Reaction score
Thanks a lot chscag!

I solved my problems!
I went to menu, clicked on "Device" and changed the CD to my real CD (it was setup to Windows). And my installation started! At last!

For my second question: sorry, I don't find the "Configuration editor". Is it on windows 7 ultimate or in Apple preferences?

As you see, I am new over Mac!.

Have fun.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
For my second question: sorry, I don't find the "Configuration editor". Is it on windows 7 ultimate or in Apple preferences?

As you see, I am new over Mac!.

No problem, we were all new at one time. :D

The configuration editor is included with all versions of Windows 7. It's a Windows built in utility.

You can access it two ways: From the Start menu search, type in Configuration Editor and it should come up. Or from RUN type in msconfig.exe and again it'll pop up. When it pops up you'll see some tabs. I don't remember exactly which tab selects the boot (safe mode) but you should have no trouble finding it from there.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.