Trojan Horse or Malware or something

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
emac, G4 laptop, G5, imac 2.4Ghz intel duo,
Hi,

I was running vmware fusion and i think it may have had something to do with my plight. i have uninstalled fusion and reverted to bootcamp/vista/cloud av.

i have run dns changer and it supposedly found something and corrected it along with 15 tracking cookies or something. since then run it and nothing.

have also macscan that has found nothing.

I am still being directed to other sights though when I am in opera/safari/firefox so I figure I have something trojan or malware as i am being directed to sites i dont want to go.

can anyone recommend what they feel might be the best malware/trojan for macs thanks.

cheers
maxy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Clear your browser caches and make sure you have blocked pop up windows in preferences.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Clear your browser caches and make sure you have blocked pop up windows in preferences.

have wiped the caches in all the browsers, have reset safari, have gone into library and dragged caches to the bin and then restarted as well. have checked pop windows as well.

there is something on my computer as sometimes i also get a pop up about windows security (which i think is a left over from being stupid enough of having virtual pc on my mac.

i think i need some kind of malware to fix it up - have you any suggestions - free is better though i am tiring of this pretty quick.

cheers

Reaction score
What have you installed lately and did you get it from torrents? In order for you mac to get malware you would have had to install it.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have been fiddling with dragon naturally speaking trying to get that to work on vmware fusion. it worked but way slowly. having windows I downloaded AV programs that i viewed on the net and i figure i got it that way.

since uninstalling fusion its working a bit better but i still have something.

in short, yep i think i have downloaded and installed the problem myself. Typical.

i dont want to get norton for mac as the threads reckons it slows everything down.

any ideas on how to detect or if there is any freeware that can fix my prob up??

cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Maxy - perhaps time for a new deal - when u get everything operating sweetly do a bootable back up, then add new stuff to play around with and if new apps causes things to turn to custard you can quickly restore the back up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.