WiFi iPad and Sprint Palm Pre + MyTether

Reaction score
Has anyone tried WiFi through a Sprint Palm Pre using MyTether?

Interested in the performance results of that combination vs. the iPad 3G.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4GHz, 160GB, 2GB,SD / Iphone 3Gs 16GB
I never tried it with a Palm Pre. But I did have my iPad tethered to rooted Sprint HTC Hero. The speeds were great in my opinion. I had no problems at all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PC Baby!
My wife has a Pre, and I have set it up to tether to her iPad. Works great. She does not really use her iPad much away from the home WIFI so battery life is not an issue. But, I would say the Pre would discharge faster for sure.

Reaction score
Has anyone tried WiFi through a Sprint Palm Pre using MyTether?

Interested in the performance results of that combination vs. the iPad 3G.

I have the Verizon Pre and use the Hot Spot to surf on my iPad when WiFi isn't available. It works fine, but the Pre battery drains at a rapid rate.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
I have a nexus one, I tether mine, it puts a dent in the phones battery life. I don't notice a difference in the iPad battery life.

Reaction score
I recommend using mobile hotspot. I couldn't get mytether to work on sprint 1.4.1.1. Search "mobile hotspot sprint" on precentral.com. It's free too (no donation). Mobile hotspot too kills batt though

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.