Tiger Hangs

I am having a problem with my Powerbook hanging up when I try to restart/shut down The problem starts when I try either one of those my book looks like it is getting close to shutting down (icons fall off) but it stays on the desktop and never shuts down. I tried doing the permission thing but nada. Any Help would be great..

Thx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I don't know if this will help you or not, but I do it every once in a while... reset your pram (restet hold down apple option p r wait for 3 start up chimes them let go)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.6ghz Quad Xeon, 23" Cinema
I'm having the same problem on mine. 1.5ghz g4 17" pb w/tiger. Haven't figured out the problem yet....

OP
M

meanopause

are you running any disk utilities you were using in 10.3? (for example, intech speedtools)

if so, you might have compatibility issues and might have them running in the background. try running activity monitor to isolate the program.

OP
M
meanopause said:
are you running any disk utilities you were using in 10.3? (for example, intech speedtools)

if so, you might have compatibility issues and might have them running in the background. try running activity monitor to isolate the program.

That's it! after looking around I found out that by deleting (Speedtools) and one other thing which I cannot remember at the momment it stopped hanging and now every thing is normal. So all is good.

Thx all

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.