Who wants to turn their ipad into a netbook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Who wants to turn their ipad into a netbook?
Seriously I dunno who would wat to do this. It's such a silly idea. But one company thought that someone would want to and they built a case that allows you to do exactly this.

Clamcase Laptop-Like Shell for the iPad

The case has no trackpad though.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
The way I see it I essentially get the net book. Formfactor using the inCase case. Of course that means using the virtual k keyboard instead of a physical one, but after getting used to the iPad keyboard I'm not sure that is all that much of a benefit.
Finding I type pretty close to my normal speed on it now, though error rate is still fairly high. :Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
I think the determining factor will be price. I have priced iPad cases and there insane $70 for a basic case,so if this one is a little more I guess it wouldn't be too bad,But if it's $200 that's a different story.

This is one thing about the iPad I don't like, Is that you have to accessorize it to death to make it practical.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PC Baby!
If someone feels the need for something like this, they need to take their iPad back and get a netbook. It defeats the whole point of an iPad. I have a netbook, but never use it since I got the iPad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PC Baby!
I think the determining factor will be price. I have priced iPad cases and there insane $70 for a basic case,so if this one is a little more I guess it wouldn't be too bad,But if it's $200 that's a different story.

This is one thing about the iPad I don't like, Is that you have to accessorize it to death to make it practical.

Perhaps "you" feel the need for accessories to make it "practical". But there are plenty of people like me that find it to be the most practical portable computing device ever.....I have s case, and that's it....

OP
the8thark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
If someone feels the need for something like this, they need to take their iPad back and get a netbook. It defeats the whole point of an iPad. I have a netbook, but never use it since I got the iPad.

I agree 100%.

Reaction score
Turn Your iPad into a Netbook

A new product called ClamCase is an iPad case that has a built in Bluetooth keyboard that essentially turns the iPad into a netbook form factor device.

Video Link: ClamCase

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
24 hours to the nose too late.

Note: Merged Duplicate threads.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac | iPhone 4

I understand your point, but I don't agree so much with it because (depending on how easy it is to take out) it can act more like a netbook, and they when you want it to be an iPad just take it out. This will also act like a case. I think it's a cool accessory.

I think the determining factor will be price.

and i think this is exactly correct. It's one of those things that's cool, but if its even a little too expensive, people will change their minds because it isn't "cool enough" to justify spending the money. (in my opinion at least)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Tell me about it, cases for the iPad are obscenely expensive. The incase sleeve that I put my Macbook in cost me a tad bit over $30, while the smaller iPad version goes for $40! The majority of cases are in the $40+ range and it's just ridiculous. I finally found one for $20 on Amazon that got some good reviews so I'm looking forward to receiving that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
| '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |
LOL @ backwards progress.

This reminds me of my dad's eeeeeeeepc or whatever the heck that POS is called.

EEPC's new slogan, btw.... "A magically frustrating device with an unbelievably crappy OS"

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.