What software to run Xp on Imac G5?

Reaction score
Hi
I have a few macs in my office that use Fusion to run our accounts software but we need to also run it on our Imac.

The Imac is a 2 GhZ Power PC G5 with 512mb DDR SDRAM

it is running OSX 10.5.8

What is the best Software to run XP on or any kind of windows for that matter.

Thanks

Sonny

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac
you need an intel mac to run windows

Reaction score
Not strictly speaking, but you need an Intel-based Mac to run Boot Camp or any of the virtual machine programs (Fusion, Parallels or VirtualBox), or even program-specific virtualization (Crossover).

All you can do on a PPC mac is run VirtualPC for Mac - a software emulator. As folks here will tell you, this is a painful and slow way to run windows. As far as I know, no one here will recommend it to you - I certainly won't. It will drive you crazy and in my judgment, not worth it. you would do better to buy a used Intel-based iMac and run windows on it.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
As Sammy said - do not bother it is as slow as a wet week and no longer supported by Microsoft. I am not buying an Intel machine and use a Dell Latitude notebook to run Windows XP Professional which is a much cheaper option.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
And nowadays with Netbooks selling like for $250 to $399 new, it certainly would be better to buy one of those to run Windows than "watching paint dry on a barn". :p

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.