The little flag

A

amyrinth

I am doin fairly well with my new iBook, but what is really bugging me is the little American flag in the uper right hand corner near the time. I would really like to change it to a french flg or even a UK flag, but don't know how. Help pwease pwetty pwease? :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I believe that is your input flag. Go into Preferences and then International and then Input Menu and change to your heart's desire :) Or uncheck the checkbox that says to show input menu in the menu bar.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4, 17 inch intel imac
Just a warning, if you set it to the canadian flag then your key board will work differently. for example, È this is the quote key. Leave it on the american flag if you want to type normally. Remember, the flag, along with most americans have never done anything to you.

Bone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
yeah no dissing the american flag, we can be a mean group of people... lol jk

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
PowerBookG4 said:
yeah no dissing the american flag

Indeed. If you don't like the United States, fine, but keep those opinions to yourself, or express them in the proper venue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Padawan said:
Indeed. If you don't like the United States, fine, but keep those opinions to yourself, or express them in the proper venue.

And considering you live in California

OP
A

amyrinth

I said it only once, no offense meant to anyone. No right now it is a proper British flag, which pleases me much.

Reaction score
I have a sort of similar question. I have the american flag, but when I swap over to work in Japanese I just get a kanji. Is it possible to change that to the Japanese flag? I haven't played with it too much.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Just a warning, if you set it to the canadian flag then your key board will work differently. for example, È this is the quote key. Leave it on the american flag if you want to type normally. Remember, the flag, along with most americans have never done anything to you.

Ok just pointing out that there was a bit of dumping on the brits in the iBook forum earlier, so don't get all offended guys!

He didn't mean to diss your flag, but you wouldn't want a British flag hanging over your head all day either would you?

I personally think flags in the menu bar a waste of space :)

OP
T

Tel

If there was no way to remeove the american flag from the upper right hand corner I would had to have SERIOUSLY had to reconcider switching to mac :)

Shame theres not a St. Georges Cross though :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
Aptmunich said:
Ok just pointing out that there was a bit of dumping on the brits in the iBook forum earlier, so don't get all offended guys!
where i must see these evil brit dumping people

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
Tel said:
Shame theres not a St. Georges Cross though :(
its just the keyboard layout so its done by continent or where ever the layout is different not by country

OP
A

amyrinth

trpnmonkey41 said:
And considering you live in California

Yes, but I am NOT a Californian. Nor an AMERICAN. Nor am I used to the American keyboard layout.

OP
A

amyrinth

I honestly do not mind the British flag. Better colour arrangement than the US one too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
amyrinth said:
I honestly do not mind the British flag. Better colour arrangement than the US one too.
UK ALL THE WAY!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
amyrinth said:
Yes, but I am NOT a Californian. Nor an AMERICAN. Nor am I used to the American keyboard layout.

Then where are you from?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.