I gave iPad a chance....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
Well, I waited with everyone else for the Ipad 3g... finally received it but I think I am going to return it. Now that I own it I really dont see myself using it alot, I have my IMAC, Macbook and Iphone.... so I dont see any reason for keeping this Starbucks Toy lol..

I know most of you love it and I am still the worlds biggest Mac fan but I just dont like it...

I also hate how expensive the apps are... I just wanted to rant on here lol after my wifes speech of "I told you so" lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PC Baby!
Don't you hate it when the wife is right! ;)

Hey, I am crazy about my iPad, but like everything else it's not for everyone. Glad you found out soon enough to take it back...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Haha I'm the exact opposite position. I think my laptop is feeling neglected since I'm always on my iPad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
Haha I'm the exact opposite position. I think my laptop is feeling neglected since I'm always on my iPad

Me too! iPod touch says "pick me up and use me" MBP says "please use MY keyboard for a change" :D

I will find a happy balance eventually, but right now I love this thing!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh yea, I don't even use my iPhone anymore except for text messages and phone calls, and the 3G is so incredibly slow by comparison. Takes forever to open and switch between apps

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2,1, Macbook Pro 5.1, (2) iphone 4S's, (2) iPad Mini's, Apple TV, MacBook Pro 9.2
I couldn't fall in love either. I gave it 5 days at about 4 plus hours a day, just to be sure.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Oh yea, I don't even use my iPhone anymore except for text messages and phone calls, and the 3G is so incredibly slow by comparison. Takes forever to open and switch between apps

That makes two of us! And for 600+ bones, I'm going to use the living day lights out of it! :D

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Well, I waited with everyone else for the Ipad 3g... finally received it but I think I am going to return it. Now that I own it I really dont see myself using it alot, I have my IMAC, Macbook and Iphone.... so I dont see any reason for keeping this Starbucks Toy lol..

I know most of you love it and I am still the worlds biggest Mac fan but I just dont like it...

I also hate how expensive the apps are... I just wanted to rant on here lol after my wifes speech of "I told you so" lol

I'm sure some people like reading this being that it will help them decide better, if their current devices fill their needs already.

As for me, I use my iPad so much that my laptop never gets used anymore also. But that might as well be a good thing, because my Macbook's Applecare ran out, and I need it to last me for a while more still.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5, 6gb ram, 500gb hard drive. 2010 13" MacBook Air 1.86 C2D, 4gb ram, 128gb HD.
Cool man. At least you gave it a chance before writing it off like many others did. I currently use mine more than my MBP and iPhone combined, but my sole purpose of purchasing it was for the Book Reader function. I love sitting on the couch with it and having the "instant on" access to it as opposed to grabbing the 15" laptop, turning it on, and balancing it on my lap while trying to pay attention to what I"m watching.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 inch iMac i5 2.66 quad core processor. iPhone 4 32 gig, ATV2. MPB 17' quadcore
I can totally appreciate that there are many people who not only do not need an iPad "let's face it none of us need one" but also don't enjoy using it enough to merit the cost. I on the other hand look for reasons to use it just because I enjoy it. For example, if I was on my iMac right now I wouldn't bother responding to this thread but because i am on my iPad I am and am enjoying it!! Go figure.......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5, 6gb ram, 500gb hard drive. 2010 13" MacBook Air 1.86 C2D, 4gb ram, 128gb HD.
Lol....also, the iPad is an attention getter at the coffee shop or Barnes and Noble!!! I always go in there and write down cooking recipes from cookbooks, but now I just type them into my notepad app and people always walk over and start up a conversation about it. Now all you college people need to put this to memory.....chicks will dig it!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook5,2, iPad 16 gb, iPhone 3GS 32 gb, Iphone 4
When I first got mine, the wife didn't understand why I would need this. Since I already had a MacBook and an iPhone. After a few days she noticed, " hey come your not lugging your computer bag to work everyday?" and then a few days later she started playing with it is well. Now when we sit on the couch, it's literally a fight on who gets to use it, and who gets to yes the MacBook.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
It's taken me a month to learn how to do a few things and be able to move my MBP off the arm of the recliner.

It's definitely fulfilled my expectations for my initial reason for wanting one and think it will fulfill my desired expectations when they add arrow keys to the keyboard.

My main problem now, is when I want to help someone out with a Mac issue I'm going "How do I do that?". Senility you know. I was hoping for 90% of my regular tasks and it's probably up to 80%. The times between picking up the MBP are getting longer - up to two days at a time now instead of two hours.

Reaction score

Would you say that the 3G is faster on the iPad compared to the iPhone? I'm wondering if I should I gotten a3G model instead...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 inch iMac i5 2.66 quad core processor. iPhone 4 32 gig, ATV2. MPB 17' quadcore
Would you say that the 3G is faster on the iPad compared to the iPhone? I'm wondering if I should I gotten a3G model instead...

The problem with a question like this is everyone will have a different experience. Some will say it was horribly slow and others will say it was faster than wifi.....so that being said I use speedtest.net a lot and I have found I get around 1-2 Mbps pretty much everywhere in Phoenix Arizona. I have the same speedtest.net app on my iphone and the ipad consistantly is faster by several hundra kbps. This to me feels pretty quick. Plus the iPad renders the page very fast further enhancing the experience. Also, when i go to the basement in my work i loss phone service but the bigger more powerful radio of the 3g doesnt notice at all. Anyways, I love the 3G!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

FYI: Also I think Kash wasn't referencing the speed of 3g cellular data service of the iPhone he was referencing the processing power of the iPhone 3G compared to that of the iPad.

OP
macjuicy23
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
This is why Im a major fan of Mac-Forums... great responses thanks all for making me feel better about my decision... and for all of you thinking of getting one, you should give it a try I think its beautiful and really cool but not for me... give it a chance you may love it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
FYI: Also I think Kash wasn't referencing the speed of 3g cellular data service of the iPhone he was referencing the processing power of the iPhone 3G compared to that of the iPad.

Indeed I was. I haven't actually had a chance to use the 3G just yet, perhaps in two weeks during my trip to Dallas

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.