Best Virus Software

Reaction score
I am still kinda new to Macs. I have had an old 2002 Quicksilver Dual 1.0 Ghz with OS 10.4 for a couple months now.
Question is:

What is the best virus software for Mac. I realize there is not nearly as many viruses out there for Mac as there are for Windows OSs.

Do you guys still use virus software?

Also, is there a program to back-up the entire computer with the OS 10.4. (I did not receive disks w/ the computer as I bought it on eBay.)

Thanks!!

Reaction score
No... There are no known viruses for OSx, don't waste your computer resources or money.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
By far, far the greater majority of Mac OS X users do not use antivirus software as there are no Mac OS X viri. Using AV will bloat and slow your Mac, and you have to download those so-called virus definitions.

Now ask yourself this ~ as there are no Mac OS X viri, what will I be downloading? Definitions for all and sundry Windows viri which will not and cannot activate on the Unix system.

We do get trolls here saying there are viri for Mac OS X, but when asked to identify or name them guess what..................................

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Also, is there a program to back-up the entire computer with the OS 10.4. (I did not receive disks w/ the computer as I bought it on eBay.)

Carbon Copy Cloner
Super Duper
iBackup

Found with Yahoo search:
Macintosh Backup Software
many more links...

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but you should always demand the OS discs when buying used, or pass on it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.