setting up network

B

BzNz

im looking to setup a network between a mac in my room and a pc into another room. im not sure what i need to buy or do so anything would help me :D
i would rather have a wireless network as i want to keep things together and tidy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
all you need is a wireless router, and a wireless card in both machines. once you have that, set it up is easy, cable connection to adsl modem,ethernet cable from modem to wireless router, thats it for hardware setup.

OP
X

xthisisRomancex

as stated above it is easy....
What are the specs of the mac for some macs come equpt with the wireless / "airport"/"airport extreme" card

OP
C

CowellProdigy

Well Im not finding it easy at all, I can't even connect to my pc because the server refuses the connection, when i connect to my pc through my mac, and when I try with my pc, the mac doesn't like anonymous users and wont let me connect.

Its all too stressful!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
it shouldn't be a problem, as long as sharing is on on both machines, appletalk on on the mac, can you access the internet on either?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.