How long did it take you to receive your iPad 3g or iPad wifi version?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4GHz, 160GB, 2GB,SD / Iphone 3Gs 16GB
I was wondering for the people that ordered their ipads whether the wifi version or the 3G version, from the time you placed your order how many days was it before Apple "Actually" charged your card and your order status went from "Not yet shipped" to Preparing for shipment" and How many days did it take before you received a tracking number.

I'm just asking because I sold my ipad wifi version to get the 3g version. I ordered the 3g version Monday morning (early) and my status just states, "Not yet shipped"

So any input be appreciated.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 12 MBP 8gb ram, Crucial M4 SSD 512gb, Sandy Bridge i7
I was wondering for the people that ordered their ipads whether the wifi version or the 3G version, from the time you placed your order how many days was it before Apple "Actually" charged your card and your order status went from "Not yet shipped" to Preparing for shipment" and How many days did it take before you received a tracking number.

I'm just asking because I sold my ipad wifi version to get the 3g version. I ordered the 3g version Monday morning (early) and my status just states, "Not yet shipped"

So any input be appreciated.

Thanks

I spoke to both Apple and MacMall yesterday. As of yesterday, the 3G iPad will ship on May 11, and you can expect to get it about 3-4 days later.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
All new iPad 3G orders are delayed till mid May, so no prior experience will really help you here.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I spoke to both Apple and MacMall yesterday. As of yesterday, the 3G iPad will ship on May 11, and you can expect to get it about 3-4 days later.

Well that sounds about right. My order states:

Ships: 5 - 7 business days
Delivers: May 11 - May 15

Reaction score
mine too

Well that sounds about right. My order states:

Ships: 5 - 7 business days
Delivers: May 11 - May 15

Mine also says delivers May 11 - May 15th. However the apple care protection says ships 24 hours delivers May 4 - 7 and it still says not shipped yet.

Do you get an email reply when the order gets shipped or do you have to keep logging in the apple store to check order status?

Reaction score
I ordered min on Apr 30th, and mine hasn't shipped either!

it says delivers May 8-14

I'm guessing they're going to ship this week....

Reaction score
shipping

I ordered min on Apr 30th, and mine hasn't shipped either!

it says delivers May 8-14

I'm guessing they're going to ship this week....

Making me nervous though. I've never owned anything Mac. I feel like a kid at X-mas time.

Wondering if they're even going to be able to get the ipad 3g's out this week since you can't find them anywhere.

Reaction score
I ordered my WiFi when I walked into the store. There wasn't any shipping involved they brought it right out and charged my CC on the spot. The whole ordeal took less than 10 minutes.

I ordered my 3G online last week. The Apple store still is giving me a May 14th to 17th window.

Reaction score
Making me nervous though. I've never owned anything Mac. I feel like a kid at X-mas time.

Wondering if they're even going to be able to get the ipad 3g's out this week since you can't find them anywhere.

I know i was thinking the same thing! I have been calling the 3 apple stores in my area daily to see if they have them in stock, and of course they don't!

I guess time will tell this week!

Reaction score
ipad 3g

I know i was thinking the same thing! I have been calling the 3 apple stores in my area daily to see if they have them in stock, and of course they don't!

I guess time will tell this week!

I sure hope so! This is pre-occupying my mind wondering well the heck we'll get a shipping notice. I'm sure that's how all the other people were feeling when they had pre-ordered for the April 29th shipments.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm guessing that they'll probably start sending shipping notices either later tonight and/or tomorrow. Otherwise, I don't know how they'll meet the delivery May 11 - May 15 deadline.

I've been following another forum/thread about the same matter. And a lot of the people that ordered ipad 32GB were starting to get theirs shipped out Friday and Saturday. But I haven't saw or read anything that much about 16GB ipad's shipping. Apple might prepare a certain model for shipping then send out the shipping notices, then they prepare another model for shipping out those shipping notices and so forth.

So I got my fingers crossed

Reaction score
simulationells

I'm guessing that they'll probably start sending shipping notices either later tonight and/or tomorrow. Otherwise, I don't know how they'll meet the delivery May 11 - May 15 deadline.

I've been following another forum/thread about the same matter. And a lot of the people that ordered ipad 32GB were starting to get theirs shipped out Friday and Saturday. But I haven't saw or read anything that much about 16GB ipad's shipping. Apple might prepare a certain model for shipping then send out the shipping notices, then they prepare another model for shipping out those shipping notices and so forth.

So I got my fingers crossed

ughh i wish i ordered the 32gb!

Reaction score
I orderd the 64gig 3g model. Which one did you guys order? My order date was May 1 and no shipping yet or charges off my card.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I orderd the 64gig 3g model. Which one did you guys order? My order date was May 1 and no shipping yet or charges off my card.

I ordered a 16Gb 3g version

Reaction score
got a message

I'm starting to see the light! Got my shipping notice! If all goes well, should have it by Thursday morning.

May 11, 2010 1:33 AMIn transitLANTAU ISLAND

HKMay 10, 2010 7:56 PMLeft FedEx origin facilitySHENZHEN

CNMay 10, 2010 7:32 PMPicked upSHENZHEN CN

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
32G iPad
Mine charged ,just before it shipped never had anything on the CC before that.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mine still says, "Not yet shipped" Hopefully sometimes today or tomorrow it'll get shipped.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.