• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Comedian Ellen DeGeneres apologizes for iPhone commercial parody

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Reaction score
This is pure gold... Also a perfect example of how Apple can get even more publicity after already having some from a third party source.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac | iPhone 4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24in 3.06GHz Core 2 Duo OSX 10.5.8 iMac iPhone 3GS 16GB Apple TV
creepy. the last thing apple needs right now is to appear snobby.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Apple needs to act a little more human and learn to take a joke. Watching that commercial completely reminds me of my parents using technology.

Like my stepfather grabbing the wireless mouse and lifting it off the desk to use it like a TV remote. And when I told my mom to eject the disc by pressing the eject key. She said she couldn't find it, so I told her it's in the upper-right corner. Then I notice she is using her trackpad and says she can't find it on her screen.

Apple needs to realize people like this do exist. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 MBP | 15" 2.4 GHz i5, 4GB
Agree with the last two posters. When I first heard about this, the first thing that popped into my head was, 'are you serious?'

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
creepy. the last thing apple needs right now is to appear snobby.

Apple needs to act a little more human and learn to take a joke. Watching that commercial completely reminds me of my parents using technology.

Like my stepfather grabbing the wireless mouse and lifting it off the desk to use it like a TV remote. And when I told my mom to eject the disc by pressing the eject key. She said she couldn't find it, so I told her it's in the upper-right corner. Then I notice she is using her trackpad and says she can't find it on her screen.

Apple needs to realize people like this do exist. :p

Agree with the last two posters. When I first heard about this, the first thing that popped into my head was, 'are you serious?'

I couldn't agree more with you 3. Apple really needs to chill here. I know know there a big corporation and billions of dollars are at stake, to Quote Steve Jobs from an interview "It's not about the money"

The way they handled the situation with the prototype and now this, I mean come on Ellen of all people, She doesn't say mean thing about anyone.

Did anyone hear John Stewarts rant on the Daily Show about Apple?
If so watch here, It was much worst than Ellen.
Jon Stewart - Gizmodo iPhone Controversy - Video | Geekosystem

Reaction score
Me thinks they need to learn that it is only a joke... Sheesh...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
Apple does need to learn how to take a joke. Also to me the parody commercial seems to be more about making fun of people who couldn't use technology.

OP
the8thark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
When I saw it the first thing I thought is "Gee I home people don't take this seriously". As there are a lot of people that don't know that most of what she says is comedy and not meant to be true. If she announced before hand or something, this is a Bull**** skit just for laughs sure. But as some people have said they really need that Mac for dummies book NOW! And it's those people who might just think what she did is real.

OP
the8thark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Agreed. I always thought she never had enough brains for serious. But a lot of people here in Aus don't know that.

Reaction score
Who better

I agree...who better than Ellen. Come on...if you watch her at all on her shows and tv anywhere you know all she does is joke. Apple too should know this....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I took it as she was making fun of her own technical skills than the product.

Reaction score
I really hope that I'm wrong, but it really seems that Apple is developing a tin ear when it comes to public relations. First the whole thing with the iPhone prototype could have come across as the long suffering corporation having to deal with us geeks trying to peer into their operations. If they'd just stayed quiet the whole thing would have probably have gone away. Now they badger the police into raiding the guy's house? Ugh... Now that reporter's obviously no angel but coming down like a ton of bricks is hardly the kind of image that Apple wants to be known for.

Now this Ellen Degeneres thing... Apple really needs to calm down and go take a swim in the gobs of cash they have lying around now due to the iPad success.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
My wife insists on watching her everyday. She is not political and never serious.

Get over it Apple! Your starting to look like a bunch of cry babies,

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.