Managing 50 Macs

Reaction score
Hi

I am a newbie with supporting macs and would like to know what is the best way to manage 50 macs and configure all the macs with the same configurations. I would also like to know how would the integration of the mac server with the windows server be put together. As we are using the windows as the authenticating part and the mac server to support the 50 macs. Please advise.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP
I think you'll want to take a look at a product called DirectControl which allows Group Policy management of Mac computers. I believe LikeWise also has an application like this. Give them a google search.

Reaction score
Apple remote desktop is also pretty good, its not so much group policy but it will allow you push apps out simultaneously to multiple machines and its great for collecting data on them. As the name implies it also allows you to remotely control them.

As for initially creating 50 identical Macs, they are very easy to clone, something like Carbon Copy Cloner will do it, you can actually clone one mac directly onto another using target disk mode and a firewire cable, although its probably better to use a firewire external HDD.

Macs can be setup to authenticate against Active Directory using Network Account button under options on the Accounts control panel.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.