Transfering Purchased iTunes Store Account Info

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 3.06Ghz 4G Ram| iPhone 3G 8Gb
I have an old Gmail account that I use with my CC for iTunes. I have a lot of things that I have brought apps, music etc..

I have since purchased a domain and now use that to log into iTunes

What I want to know is can I transfer all my purchased stuff from one account to another?

I know everyone is going to say just authorize the new accoutn etc.. but the thing I hate most is having to update apps and sign in to another account, then sign into another account etc..

I cant find anything on google so it doesnt look hopeful

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
???

By creating a 2nd iTunes account instead of just updating the personal info on the existing account, you have created a headache for yourself.

From my understanding, there is no way to merge two accounts. You can Use the 'Authorize Computer' to authorize a single library to play music, etc. from two accounts. Don't have clue how this would affect syncing to any devices though.

I'd suggest dumping the new account before you become too invested in it. Go back and update the info in your original account.

OP
bennjiboi
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 3.06Ghz 4G Ram| iPhone 3G 8Gb
If I update my details can I cahnge things like my email address so that the 'new one' appears in the iTunes window and I use it to log in and purchase things?

Thats what I mainly want - I realize the headache as I had to do this once before however it was only annoying for a few apps which I have since re-downloaded under the newer email account.

Thanks in advance for any help!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Open iTunes

from the menu go to Store - View My Account - log in to your original account

Or

highlight iTunes Store in the sidebar - click on your account name at the top right of the window and log in there

You'll be able to modify pretty much any of your account details there, from CC info to email address.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.