New Mac arrived today!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" Imac, 3.06 ghz processor, 1 TB HD, 256 meg ATI Graphics card
Hi All,

My Mac arrived today and it is really cool. This is the first Apple product I have ever owned and so far I really like it. I've been using PC's since the 80's and occasionally used a Mac when I could get my hands on one. Always liked the feel of a Mac and finally put my money where my mouth is and bought a 27" Imac. I got the one with the duocore Intel 3.03 Ghz processor. It had more then enough power and features for me. The O.S. was all preinstalled and upon initial boot, it asked a couple questions, (name, etc.) then found the wireless network in my house, asked if I wanted to use it, then connected, and all I had to do was input the network router's login password and voila! I am on the internet as well as networking with my other computers. No "Act of God" or blue screen of death as was the norm in Windows. It just worked. Period. I love that. The wireless keyboard and that Magic Mouse are fantastic.
Anyway, form what I am seeing so far, Macs are the best!
Oh, this thing boots up in about 1/10th the time it takes windows XP to boot.
I really like that too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Specs: 13" white MacBook | 2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | 2GB RAM |250GB HDD
Congrats on your purchase, and welcome to the forums. After seeing the 27" iMac's at the Apple Store, I can say you have one slick machine. :D

Enjoy much more of what you already have: a fantastic marriage of hardware & software that "just works", and does so all the time (my MacBook experience since Jan.). You'll find the lack of hourglasses, monthly OS patches, and hours lost spent updating & running AV scans to be some of the advantages we The Enlightened enjoy. O:)

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Welcome and awesome purchase from a fellow 27" iMac'er..;) I've got the i7..and this thing is just awesome..

The adage "it just works" is really appropriate isn't it? :)

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
WhooHoo! Congrats!

Welcome to the club. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 2.66GHz i5, 1TB HDD, 12GB RAM, OS X 10.7.3, iPod Classic 160GB,iPad 1 64GB Wi-fi, iPhone 4S
Welcome and congorats on the new iMac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Congrats on your new purchase.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 4 GB DDR3, 250 GB HDD, 10.6.4
Welcome! (and I'm only a little bit jealous of the 3.0 GHz). You're going to love it even more the more you get into it. Feel free to poke around - I've learned more in a few months on here than in 3 years of Mac ownership before. Lucky you that you've gotten here so early!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2.66Ghz C2D 4GB ram 320GB HDD
Awesome, congratz on the new iMac :)
i chose the MBP 2.66Ghz cause the 27" is huge to me but you have a fantastic machine to play with :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.