replacing iBook HDD

Reaction score
i am wanting to replace my iBooks 60GB hdd with a 64gb SSD. i want to know if the HDD that i take out of the iBook can be used in a PC application.

i have a PC desktop tower that i was using as my media center as it has bluray and hdmi and i leave it connected to the flat screen in the living room and thats what we used for movies and entertainment. untill the HDD went bad. i was hoping that the SSD could kill two birds.....

i use the ibook more than anything. its my general duty laptop. thats why i want the SSD to go in the iBook .

my ibook is a 12" g4 1.33ghz 1.5gb RAM and 60gb hdd. i am running osx 10.4.11 and windows 7 unltimate on the desktop PC tower.

mike

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
If the cable connections are the same it might work but the size will be smaller so you probably won't be able to mount it in your desktop hard drive slot. If 60 GB is large enough for you then you can get new 80 GB desktop hard drives for about $40. That's a fairly reasonable price. You can then use your iBook's current hard drive as a backup by placing it in an enclosure or something similar.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.