Airport Extreme Setup Issues

Reaction score
Airport Extreme Setup Issues

I have the original saucer shaped Airport Extreme. During spring I gave my router to a friend of mine as I was out on a vacation. He used it to run wireless to connect to windows as well as macs.
When he gave it back to me, I reconfigured it using Airport Setup Assistant as well as Airport Admin Utility, but it seems that it is not taking up the IP address from the modem.
I have tried again and again to restart it and configure it, but nothing seems to work. Although, I can connect to it, but I don't seem to be connected to the internet. Hence, I am restricted to connecting via ethernet.
Please help.
I visited the following website to configure the base station:
Original Airport Extreme Setup

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Try resetting the modem. Sounds like it's not supplying the AE with an IP address.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
I gave my router to a friend of mine
used it to run wireless to connect to
So did u give him both the Airport Extreme and the Modem or just the Airport Extreme.
What OS are u using on your Mac?
Is the modem set to DHCP and the AE in bridge mode.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Did you reset it up the same way after you got the extreme back as you did before you lent it to your friend? And I think this is more a modem then AEBS issue. Just make sure all the settings on your modem are put in correct again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.