Switching from Gmail to Mac Mail

Reaction score
I used Gmail briefly due to problems with my new iMac and Mac Mail but now Mac Mail is working again and I want to return to it. There are no new messages in Mac Mail because all 700 went to Gmail. If I cancel Gmail completely now will I still be able to access those msgs or download them to Mac Mail? And how do I download them if I need to before cancelling?
- John

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2.66Ghz C2D 4GB ram 320GB HDD
Make sure when you flip that you enable forwarding.

Go into Settings and then pop and forwarding and set pop to push your email to mac mail, or if you use imap you can set that also in the same section

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Just follow the GMail instructions on the master web page where the setup instructions for GMail are located. Follow the steps they give for using GMail with Mac Mail. It works very well and all your mail will be retained on the GMail server along with downloading to Mac Mail if you desire. You can even set up your mail service as iMap rather than POP when using GMail.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.