How can I add fonts?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.53 4GB V10.6.3
Hi,
I'm a newly Mac convert and I can't seems to find the way to add new fonts. I tried getting guides from Help but it's just too confusing for me.

Can we actually add fonts in Mac like a PC? Please advise.

Thanks! Cheers!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
Search using spotlight for the application "Font Book." Download whatever fonts you want to install. Move them into font book.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac, 3.06GHz duo, 4GB RAM, 500GB Hard Drive, NVIDIA 9400M| 8GB iPod Touch
If you just double-click on the font file it should ask you if you want to install the font.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
From Mac Help
Fonts are in the Fonts folder, in the top-level Library folder. These fonts are available to all the computer’s users.

You can also put fonts for personal use in the Fonts folder that’s in the Library folder in your home folder.

The easiest way to install and manage fonts is by using Font Book, in your Applications folder. For more information about using Font Book, see Font Book Help, available in the Help menu when Font Book is open.

From Font Book Help
To install fonts using Font Book:

Insert the disc that contains the new font, or copy the font to your hard disk from another location.

Double-click the font’s icon in the Finder.

Font Book opens and displays the font so that you can see what the font looks like.

Click Install Font.

The font is automatically installed in your home Library folder so it is available only to you. If you want to make the font available to all users of the computer, drag it to the Computer icon in the Collection pane of Font Book.

OP
jereme7
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yippee! I done it!

Hi Guys!
Thanks to all kind souls who responded, I've finally managed to add some of my fav fonts into my library. Sadly not all the fonts but still, 70% of them and that IS GR8!

The fonts didn't install automatically but I used 'add fonts' and that works!

Thank you guys once again. If only my downloading problem was that simple.:(
Anyway, cheers to the great bunch!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 4 GB DDR3, 250 GB HDD, 10.6.4
If you're looking for more fonts (and a lot of fun ones), Dafont has lots of great ones. And best of all, every single one is free.

OP
jereme7
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks

Thanks Corbab. Will check it out later.
;D

OP
jereme7
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's kool

If you're looking for more fonts (and a lot of fun ones), Dafont has lots of great ones. And best of all, every single one is free.

Check the site out and it's cool! Tks man!

I had problems with downloading (in another thread) and though not resolved yet, I still manage to download some pretty awesome fonts. Thanks again. :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.