MBP boot problem

Reaction score
Hi all,

I tried to search for this using the search field but couldn't find anything so I am posting this problem with hopes for a solution.

Essentially, once a month my hard drive corrupts and even after using Disk Utility via the Leopard disc, has to be restored via Time Machine.

This usually occurs after I have been carrying it around in a backpack for several hours during shoots.

From what I have read on the forums here, it is indicative of a failing hard drive and needs to be replaced.

But my issue is I have a Bootcamp partition with Windows 7 that runs perfectly fine during all this. It has been a life saver as I can transfer files via Windows and not lose any important information.

I was just wondering if a failing hard drive would still be able to boot to Windows. And if not, I was hoping for a possible solution to my problem.

Thanks for reading this.

Best,

Vinh

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Not withstanding, the best solution is to just replace the hard drive. Sooner or later it will fail completely and it won't matter whether it can boot to Windows 7 or not. Backup your data now and plan on swapping the drive for a new one.

There is software available for copying (cloning) the hard drive contents to an external, and also software for making a copy of your Windows 7 partition. Swapping hard drives is not difficult and with the proper software you can be up and running again in a short time.

Cloning applications: SuperDuper (shareware), Carbon Copy Cloner (donation ware)

Clone Boot Camp partition: WinClone (freeware)

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.