iSkin EVo2 sux

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid-2011 MBP 13" i5
Anyone else buy an iskin evo2 and think it's crap? I've had mine for two weeks and am using it on a brand new ipod photo. The iskin completely hosed the back of the ipod with deep scratches from the belt clip that it comes with.The material that it's made with is literally a dust/dirt magnet that is impossible to keep clean. Then it began ripping near the hold button today. Overall I'd give this product a solid 2 out of 10 for build quality and design. Plus the shipping took 2 weeks from iskin cause they're out of Canada or something.

OP
Texasmeat
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid-2011 MBP 13" i5

Another thing, the belt clip also brok eon me after two weeks of (very) light use..Pathetic...

M

monster_6o4

Werd! I used my iskin for less than a week. I didn't even bother try using the flimsy belt clip.

I now have a vaja ivod for my mini and I think its as close to perfect of a case as can be. Its a bit expensive and Iam not too sure if its really worth the price (in Canada we also have to pay 20% in duties lol) but man it is a great case! :D

Reaction score
I also DESPISE my iSkin. It's terrible; the thing loves to attract dirt and dust.

E

Ey3 D

Get MarWare or DLO. They are cool and trustworthy. I have a 3Gen iPod 20 Gig that I ahve had for like a year and it is in great condition prbably because of those cases.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I have the evo2 and have been using it for over 18 months and I love it. It certainly hasn't scratched my iPod at all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I love my iSkin. I have used it on my 3G iPod for quite a while now and I see no scratches on mine. I will admit, it does seem to attract dust and dirt, but that is only on the outside. Plus this is easily cleaned with a quick rinse under the faucet. :black:
Either way, its better to have a slightly dirty case than a dirty scratched iPod :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I think one reason I really like it is that it doesn't bulk up the iPod and yet it really protects it well and all the functions are still easily accessible.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20", 250gb, 512mb, Airport/Bluetooth, wireless kb+mouse
I bought my iSkin about 4 months ago and have really enjoyed it. I can now put it in my pocket without the bulk of my old case, people compliment me on it all the time, and it does a good job of protecting it. I took off the clip because I had no need for it and because it added to the depth of the pod.

My one complaint is that one day I used the port flap entry and charge it overnight. Now the flap isn't tight anymore and kind of hangs out, which pisses me off. Sometimes I just put it in my pocket with the iSkin, it feels great in the pocket with it, it's just that it is unprotected which sucks.

I really do like my iSkin though. The screen protector is great.

C

chezza

I yesturday ordered a protecting cover for my iPod, but not the iSkin you talk about. I have gone for the very very nice Incase Neoprene Sleeve. I think it looks very nice :cool:, (Check it here). Can't wait for it to arrive.

S

sebeck

I used my iSkin for about a day. It looks rediculous and it's hard to get the ipod in and out when you want to use the dock. My favorite case is my incase black leather. I also have a DLO but the incase owns.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.