Tab Bar Disappearing in Safari

Reaction score
Hi,

I am running Snow Leopard, and I have had this problem happen to me a couple times now, where the tab bar in safari disappeared, even though I still had several tabs open. If I tried to close the window it even warned me several tabs were still open even though I could not see the tab bar, though I could still navigate through the different tabs somewhat by clicking Window-Select Next Tab on safari.

I tried clicking on View-Show Tab Bar, but when I tried that the only option I had was to hide the tab bar, but even that was unclickable, you know where the color of the font is grey instead of black showing you can't click on that option. If I close safari and then reopen it, the tabs work again, but I lose all the tabs I had open by doing that.

Anybody have any ideas to fix this if it happens to me again?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Welcome to the Forum. In that scene the first thing i would do is download and run this and if that did not do the trick then start dragging .plist files to desktop until i found the Safari one that was corrupt.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
... then start dragging .plist files to desktop until i found the Safari one that was corrupt.
Like, how many do you have? I only find these in OS 10.5.8 Safari 4.0.5
HD/Users/MyUserName/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Safari.RSS.plist
HD/Users/MyUserName/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Safari.plist

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Actually it was more a figure of speech than an finite number - as i had not looked to see what was in prefs folder, but knew there would be some.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.