gmail on ipad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook
I use the built in mail app from apple, however I cannot find out how to archive the email i read and not just delete them, is there a way??

Thanks
Matt

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
sure , just make sure you are using IMAP and just move the emails you want to keep to the starred mail box or go to gmail online and setup a new box labeled what ever you want.

Hope this helps
Clay

Reaction score
I just use the web vs the app for gmail. Google senses you're on an iPad and formats the page nicely. Labels and archiving is a snap.

Reaction score
First, do NOT set up the account as a Gmail account - select "other" when you go to create an account in the iPad settings.

Then set it as an IMAP account and then you can configure the trash/delete operation on the iPad to send messages to your "all mail" folder instead of Gmail's trash. That way, when you "delete" something on the iPad, it will in fact send it to your "all mail" or archive it in Gmail. To really delete something from your iPad, you have to move it into the [Gmail / Trash] folder.

Does that make sense?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.