Batch PDF to JPG/PNG Converter

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 10.4
I've been looking for a while now for a batch converter. I have over 100 pdf files that I'd like converted to either jpg or png without having to go through the pain of converting each file individually. Any suggestions of what I can use, prefereably something free?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
ImageMagick might be able to get the job done for you. I would suggest you take a look at their website to see if it meets your needs.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 10.4
Yeah, that was the first one I tried looking at, but it got a little too confusing trying to convert the files.. Most of the batch converters that I've looked at were more or less like that.. I just want something user friendly that doesn't involve so much thinking.. >_<

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
It's not free, but ViewIt can do this. Just drag/drop all your PDFs into ViewIt; double-click on the open one to get the list of all that are loaded; select all; then go to the menu item "Tools > Convert to a Different Format". You may want to use jpg instead of png. Using png for the test run I did resulted in… well… transparency of the background, since technically there's nothing there behind the text. No such issue with jpg.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 10.4
Thanks, viewit works great, and definetly worth buying.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.1GHz MacBook with 4GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.6, iLife and iWork ‘09
Just for future reference, you probably could have used Automator, which is free and came with your Mac. Just drag the PDF files (the limitation is that it looks like they'd have to be single-page PDFs only) onto a new Workflow window, add a Change Type of Images action, set the output type, and press Run.

Reaction score
Works on 10.5 but not on 10.6

Just for future reference, you probably could have used Automator, which is free and came with your Mac. Just drag the PDF files (the limitation is that it looks like they'd have to be single-page PDFs only) onto a new Workflow window, add a Change Type of Images action, set the output type, and press Run.

Funny, this works on my 10.5.8 machine but on my 10.6.6 machine it does nothing. I did 971 pdf to png conversions on my 10.5 mac and it took about 30 minutes. I did the exact same thing on the 10.6 mac and it finished in about 15 seconds and did nothing!

Reaction score
It's not free, but ViewIt can do this. Just drag/drop all your PDFs into ViewIt;
Heja Lifeisabeach ^^
Maybe a dumb question, do you point to hexcat ViewIt? I also have dozens of PDF files and currently sending to Online PDF converter | Online PDF but takes all day :/
I see only the option Print, no Tools option to send them to JPG.
Oke it has an option to make previews, but only in thumbnail version, I need the full scale option
Please help, have to finish my presentation today ^_^

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.