Problems with programs shutting down

B

bab311

I've been having a lot of problems with programs on my G4 shutting down by themselves, AIM has been the biggest pain when it comes to this- Whenever I close IM boxes, after closing a couple, the program will shut itself down everytime. I don't know why it's doing this and have tried re-installing it, no luck. Other programs are doing this too- does anyone have any advice? I installed Onyx, and though it helped clean up my computer, it didn't help out this problem. Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Do you have all the latest updates?
Try checking for new ones: Apple Menu-> Software Update-> 'Check for new updates now'
Have you tried repairing permissions? Applications->Utilities->Disk Utility->Repair Disk permissions.

OP
K

Kokopelli

The console program in /Applications/Utilities displays the logs for your machine. Look at your console and system logs and see if they list the reason for the crash.

Since this is not just a single application I would not expect application logs to have anything meaningful but it is worth a try.

OP
B

bab311

I just checked it- nope.....This is driving me nuts, AIM is the only consistent problem, but other programs shut down too: Safari, Itunes, etc....Someone help!!

OP
B

bab311

Ok, It's getting worse, Now all of my programs are shutting down and the icons in the dock at the bottom of my screen are looking pretty grainy, not clear pictures- help!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.