Mail does not receive emails

Reaction score
Mail does not receive emails (any more!)

I am using gmail with my Mail application and it has been working properly for over 6 month, until today, when I noticed that I stopped receiving emails, even though when separately logging in to gmail via a web browser or via my iphone I certainly received new messages.

Also what happened, I tried to send myself a trial message to see if i receive it or not. The message was clearly sent as my iphone received it and i was able to look at it fine, however within the Mail application on the mac the message was "stuck" being halfway sent on the activity monitor and still showing in my outbox and still showing being sent with the little rotating circle next to sent.

I heard it could be a too small or too large email .... that just sounds "crazy", so if any of you have a good idea how to resolve this I would appreciate it, thanks!

Mark

Now, I just noticed that in the "recovered messages" folder under "on my mac" there is a message that contained many pics as attachments, I tried to delete it, but that did not change the problem and Mail kept on downloading it as recovered...the "get mail" button simply does not do anything once clicked

Reaction score
Hi !

I exactly have the same problem !!!!! It happened since I have tried to send this massive attached document.

Did you find any answers to your thread ?

Thank you very much !

:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.