Adding Borders

Reaction score
Hey, I was wandering how I put borders around a video clip. Someone said I can do it with quicktime pro 7, but i don't know how. The reason is most of my shows i want to put on dvd have subtitles in them and they get cut off on my screen. That used to happen with my brother so he figured out how to put those on there (he uses some windows program don't know what it's called cause it's windows and i don't care.) I have final cut pro (but it's to hard for me) i can burn cause i have dragon burn and roxio but i just need to know how to put a border around the screen any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jake

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I think you could do something like that with FFMpegX but it's also quite complicated to get your head around...
Basically you could recompress the movie at a different format and make sure you leave a border at the top ad bottom by entering a video format a few cm's under over what the movie actually is.

OP
M
Reaction score
Well what i ment was since they have subtitles the words run off the screen so i would need borders around the whole thing. That's what i need help with.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.