wake up script for mac with lid closed?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

hope you can help...

I have EyeTV on my mac for recording and i would like it to sleep and wake up before recording. It works fine with lid open, but not with lid closed, so i was wondering if there is a script that can bypass the lid closed sensor?

I know of Insomnia, but it bypass the hole sleep funktion, wich i'm not interrestet in.

Regards
Clement
Denmark

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Why not just leave it open? If the display bothers you, you can turn it off (depending on your model and OS version) or set the brightness to 0.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Plugging in an external USB keyboard or mouse wakes it up but it will go back to sleep unless you have an external monitor attached.

Or... use this

semaja2

:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
OK fair enough - I think the best way would be to have the TV connected as an external monitor so it stays awake during the recording, and when it's being used as a laptop, the sleep function isn't affected.

Alternatively, you'll need another machine to wake it if you'd prefer it to sleep before recording, back to my Mac or enable screen sharing over a WAN.

OP
V
Reaction score
It's not hooked up to a external display... I'm streaming to my PS3.
But there must be somebody out there who has made a script that bypass the lid closed sleep without bypassing the hole sleep funktion?
I'm not interrestet in having my laptop with lid open because of dust.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.