application getting mounted

J

juanmotime

I installed firefox and noticed that when you open the application it gets mounted like a drive, an icon shows up on the desktop, and it has the ability to "ejected". However when I open other applications like itunes or fcp they don't get mounted. I converted to a mac and recently and was wondering if I did something incorrectly. ( I just downloaded the app and clicked on the dmg)

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
juanmotime said:
I installed firefox and noticed that when you open the application it gets mounted like a drive, an icon shows up on the desktop, and it has the ability to "ejected". However when I open other applications like itunes or fcp they don't get mounted. I converted to a mac and recently and was wondering if I did something incorrectly. ( I just downloaded the app and clicked on the dmg)

Thanks
What happened is that you are running the app from the .dmg file to fix this all you have to do is take the firefox that is in the .dmg file and drag it to the applications folder.

OP
J

juanmotime

I found the problem, I did have firefox in the application directory. I just didn't know that I shouldn't drag the icon from finder onto the dock. I had to open firefox in the finder applications and when the item was open left click the icon in the dock and select "keep item on dock".

Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.