Unable to see external HD - FTP

Reaction score
Hey all!

I have a mini as a server running 10.6.3. Connected to it is a drobo that has some data I would love to see via FTP but unfortunately I can't for some reason. Probably something dumb. I have tried to search but I haven't found an answer that helps so please let me know if you see where I am going wrong.

Drobo is shared, I am ftp'ing via an admin account on the mini. I can see the local stuff, just nothing off the external drive. I am using the built in FTP Mac server under sharing in the prefs.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

OP
K
Reaction score
Bump.....

Anyone?? Please....even though I am experienced with networking and Mac OS X, maybe someone could throw me a checklist just in case I forgot something lame here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
In the Sharing preferences, under "File Sharing", then "Shared Folders"… have you added the Drobo's volume? You may have to add specific folders on the volume, not just the entire thing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.