Problem with Mac:Messenger.

Reaction score
heyy guys,

You probably heard of this problem before but I would love to find a solution once and for all.

I used a PC all my life and recently bought a Macbook that I am completely in love with. I understand everything now, life is so simple with Apple products.

My MSN was working fine for the first 2 to 3 weeks I guess. But now signing in is totally impossible. I can get on using Adium and on Hotmail and on messenger at a friend's place; everywhere except on my Macbook. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing, deleting the Microsoft User Data, I tried everythinggggggg!

Every time I sign in it says that my password and username are incorrect when they clearly are fine.

Also everytime I tried to uninstall it and remove everything, when I would re-download the software it would act like it was already installed on my computer and open up right away?!?

Please help,

Thanks in advance,

Jordd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP2.26/4GbRAM
Don't know how to solve the problem, but try aMsn

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP i5 4GB DDR3, 500GB HDD 7200 + iPhone 4 32GB iOS4.1
Try to fully wipe the program with an app called AppDelete. THen try to reinstall. Good Luck!

-Ben

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
alMB, 2.0C2D, 2GB, 500GB, SD, etc
What version of Office/OS X are you running? Maybe there's too wide of a gap between versions there...

Also, this is a pain, but you could always try running the Windows version via Boot Camp (always my last-ditch suggestion ;))

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP i5 4GB DDR3, 500GB HDD 7200 + iPhone 4 32GB iOS4.1
What version of Office/OS X are you running? Maybe there's too wide of a gap between versions there...

Also, this is a pain, but you could always try running the Windows version via Boot Camp (always my last-ditch suggestion ;))

What does Office have to do with his Messenger problem? And don't run BootCamp just so you can have MSN Messenger, you might as well sell your Mac and get a PC!

Like I said before, try first FULLY uninstalling the Messenger with either AppZapper or AppDelete. It will get rid of ANY associated files. Then try reinstalling Messenger and hopefullöy you will be OK to log in.

If you are still seeing problems, try Adium or aMSN. There is also a tweak that allows you to log into iChat with an MSN account.

Let us know how you go mate,

-Ben

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15"
Microsoft designed their version of Office for the Mac to make the Mac experience miserable.
I honestly believe that to be true in all Microsoft appz for the Mac.
The best option is not to use Mac:Messenger - I tried it a while back and it is garbage.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
If u want to chat with PC guys use Skype and if you want inter platform multi party video use MeBeam.com with skype for the audio. Mac to Mac: use iChat - it is streets ahead.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 13"
Hi there, l had another problem with mac messenger, it didnt show me any user pictures..and neither mine..l tried deleting too. appdelete didnt work for deleting it warned smth..but then l found all the files and moved to the trash..deleting it is hard bcs the files are not in a organised folder l guess..when l wrote down the name of the prog l couldnt find it too first..finally l downloaded and installed again but unfortunately it still doesnt show the pics..and doesnt accept what l load..l am back on Amsn again..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.