Mini Display to vga Problems

Reaction score
I've been using this with no problems for several months. I would unplug daily and hook it back up later with no problems. Until yesterday when i tried hooking up my friends macbook to my monitor. his would not display anything on the monitor and now when i try to reconnect mine it also does not work. the screen flashes blue for a second, but my monitor says no signal. I know its not the vga or monitor itself since i tested it on a dell, so it could be the adaptor but it just seems odd that it would break.

im using a macbook pro with an acerx213w monitor.

any help???

thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Try another adapter. You shouldn't be plugging and unplugging the adapter so often. Not only does that place wear and tear on the adapter, but it could also do the same to the port connector. And that could lead to an expensive repair.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
Are you using your integrated graphics card, because I'm having the same problem. I can only get my external display to work with my dedicated card!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.