best platform for pc games

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5", 3.06 GHz intel Core 2 duo, ATI Radeon HD 4670 graphics with 256MB
I'm trying to run a few older games, like "the sims" and "civilization". I have windows 7 set up in virtual box. I am installing them there, I was just wondering if they would run better using wine or something else like that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
I think Bootcamp is the best option. As windows games running natively in windows is how they were meant to be played.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 2.66GHz i5, 1TB HDD, 12GB RAM, OS X 10.7.3, iPod Classic 160GB,iPad 1 64GB Wi-fi, iPhone 4S
I think Bootcamp is the best option. As windows games running natively in windows is how they were meant to be played.

I would have to agree.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5", 3.06 GHz intel Core 2 duo, ATI Radeon HD 4670 graphics with 256MB
I have boot camp set up, but I really only want to use it for "real" games. My wife would like to be able to sit down and play one of the simple old games every now and again, and she won't go through the effort of rebooting to get into windows. I figured that the older games don't require as much processer power and so they should be able to run ok in a simulator.

I tried sims in virtual box earlier and it didn't work very well, I haven't had a chance to try and up the memory yet or anything though. This is not a very important thing, it's more of just tinkering around. The old games are not going to be played a lot, just every now and again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.