Back to School Sale

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I'm a university student (yes, I plan on taking advantage of the discount :)) and I'm holding off on purchasing a new MBP until the back to school sale begins. I never really paid much attention to it before... could someone tell me when it usually starts and what the deal is? I've heard from friends at school that last year there was a deal with the iPod touch, when are details on the sale usually released?

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Historically it has started around August and has included some type of iPod; in earlier years it was a Nano, more recently it has been an iPod touch. Nobody knows for certain what apple will be offering this year, but if I had to venture a guess, I'd say it's going to be the touch again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I can practically guarantee that it will not be an iPad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
DRMac, he's not asking about education pricing, but rather the yearly back to school special Apple has where you get a free iPod with the purchase of a new Mac.

Reaction score
I was thinking about waiting too, since Macs are kinda pricey, however since I was always a Windows kid, I thought I'd get it early enough so that I'd have the whole summer to figure out how to use a Mac....idk I guess it depends on if you want the free gift and want to save some money....it is a sweet deal though.

Reaction score
I am waiting for the back-to-school promotion to commence as well. In Canada, it starts at the end of May (May 27 ish last year). :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I was thinking about waiting too, since Macs are kinda pricey, however since I was always a Windows kid, I thought I'd get it early enough so that I'd have the whole summer to figure out how to use a Mac....idk I guess it depends on if you want the free gift and want to save some money....it is a sweet deal though.

That was actually my reasoning when I got my Macbook. I picked mine up early December and figured I would learn the ins and outs over winter break and start bringing it to school in January. Turns out I got the hang of it in like 48 hours and I started bringing it to school just a few days after I bought it.

My point is that you should wait till August if you want to take part in the back to school deal because it will not take you long to figure out how Macs work before school starts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 imac 21.5", 256mb radeon card, etc
does the free ipod apply to student purchases of any computers, or just the notebooks marketed to students.

I have no interest in an ipod of any sort, but I figure I could sell an ipod touch for a hundred bucks to defray the shocking price of the computer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.